I think I speak for all of us when I say we were not sad to see 2020 go. Despite it being an incredibly difficult year, however, we at Job Crystal were the lucky (and incredibly grateful) ones. We not only survived as a business, but we also thrived! This was due to many things, including a phenomenal crew and some innovative ideas, but ultimately because we had a solid base to work from. We had a business coach who pushed us to achieve good cash flow, and we had created a wide customer base long before 2020 started.
So as we all get ready to gear up for 2021, we wanted to share our lessons learnt in 2020, hoping that many of these can help you make this year the year where your business thrives.
- A business coach is an investment
- A wide customer base is a stable base
- Cash flow helps you survive more than you know
- Communication is key to your team, customers, and suppliers
- Daily virtual meetings work for a remote team
- Dedication, commitment, and drive are essential to thriving
- Detailed planning too far into the future is a waste
- Everything will be okay in the end and if it’s not okay it’s not the end
- Everything you now find easy was once found hard
- Health is critical
- It is the small things done consistently that change the dial
- Leaders need to work ON the business not IN the business
- Marketing, marketing, marketing
- Part-time commitment delivers part-time results
- Share your vision constantly and consistently with your team
- The best thinking is done in solitude
- The right mindset is crucial
- There is a difference between being busy and being productive
- Think big, start small
- What you do each day matters more than what you do once in a while
- When you know better, you do better
As you run headfirst into 2021 and all the exciting unknowns that it has to offer, it is worth looking back at all the lessons (FYI failures are lessons), the wins, and the year that taught us all about hindsight being 20/20.
Crystal in partnership with JobCrystal is able to offer recruitment services tailored to the needs of SMEs. Job Crystal is the only passive job-seeker database in the country, which allows you to be one step ahead. With us it’s about real-time search, candidate database access and quick turnaround time.
View Crystal’s recruitment services and packages here.